As a full time entrepreneur working from home and building a Professional Property Management and Tenant Placement business, I’ve become overly obsessed with building daily habits to increase productivity. I found that without properly structuring your day you could be busy doing countless unnecessary things and realize at the end of the day you’ve overlooked and didn't complete the task that truly matter.
During my journey, listening to audio books and YouTube videos on productivity and personal development by great leaders such as Brian Tracy, Jim Rohn, Tony Robbins, Mike Murdock and others has been a big help. I soon realize that many people actually still struggle with this issue and not really knowing the difference between productivity and being busy. So, I decided to write this blog sharing a few tips on how I structure my day. If you are an experienced or aspiring entrepreneur, I highly recommend you check out @Life.Algorithms to stay motivation daily, discover meditation techniques, and increase business and financial literacy skills. Great food for the brain!
Here’s 7 Daily Routines for Success and Productivity in 2018
Tony gives this advice;
1. Before You Go To Bed, Write Out 3 to 5 Priorities That You Must Get Done Towards Your Goal – The day actually starts before you go to bed. By spending time preparing for the morning you set yourself apart from the unprepared. Everything in life is about preparation. The more prepared you are the better you preform and execute.
2. Wake Up 2 to 3 Hours Early Then Your Usual Time - Waking up early give you a head start. Make sure you get a good stretch in and immediately start expressing gratitude. If you have some headphones, immediately start listing to morning affirmations or motivation audio while brushing your teeth, washing your face and preparing for the day. Don’t forget to look in the mirror and receive every positive word you brain can comprehend.
3. Music, Motivation & Nutritious Morning Breakfast – Your body need good food. No food, No energy. Take time to enjoy a good meal or fruit shake while listening to some music, affirmations or a personal development audiobook. When you feel good, you perform well. Use this life algorithm to boost the emotional state of your body and mind so you can start looking forward to crushing the day.
“Your attitude determines your altitude.” - Zig Ziglar
4. Morning Hugs & Spreading Love – Hugs and sharing love with your spouse, kids or pets in the morning creates positive energy for you to feed on throughout your day. If you’re single, make your morning phone calls to your love ones or consider getting a pet. Pets love us unconditionally and that energy is necessary for human emotional development. Although animals may only be just a part of our world, to pets we are their entire world. Yes, they may get on your nerves from time to time just like every human being, but they can also bring unlimited happiness and joy to your life.
5. Grind Time – Review emails, Social media or whatever you choose for the first 15-minute and be done. Next time you check your phone is at lunch or end of the day. Phones and emails can be a huge distraction you have to be mindful how much time you spend on your device. Once that’s done, review your previously prepared priority list. Apply the 90/10 rule, which state 10% of what we do each day accounts for 90% of the result. Make sure you prioritize your list and work on what produces the best results. In the morning, spend at least 2 hours of uninterrupted focus on your task. Get as much done possible and take a brief lunch break after the 2 hours.
"Time Is Non-Refundable, Use It Wisely" – Tony Williams
6. Nutritious Lunch or Snack - Your eyes and your brain need to take a breather. Take at least a 45 minute or 1 Hours to grab a nutritious lunch or snack, check and respond to your emails, phone, social media etc. Don’t forget to record how much time you spend on each project. If you can, set aside some of this time to do absolutely nothing and let the brain come up with creative ideas and guide you to the next steps to take in your day.
7. Back To The Grind – After your break, turn on some good instrumental vibe music and spend another 1 or two hours of uninterrupted focus on completing your priority task. Considering we are approaching the mid day, this strategy keeps your brain energized through sound as your body and brain eventually start getting tired. If you can work longer, have at it. Just remember, you don’t have to over work yourself, just focus on the most productive task that will produce the maximum results towards your definite goal or plan.
After the day is all said and done, take some time, sit back enjoy a glass of red wine (or too) and listen to some upbeat instrumental music. Keep a journal nearby and make sure your write down whatever creative thoughts or ideas that comes to mind. It is vitally important to capture your intelligence and great ideas onto a piece of paper or journal.
“I don’t know what I’m thinking until I write it down” - Joan Didion
Everyone is wired to receive great ideas and intelligence which teleport through he brain at light speed. The difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is some learn to capture their thoughts and ideas on paper, then take action while others completely get sucked into the system of day to day living. Its easy to become a walking zombie to life if you don’t carefully and strategically plan and structure your day. Make sure you spend the rest of your evening with your love ones and don’t forget your cardio workout before the night is over, if you’re not the morning person type.
Tell Us, What daily practices do you apply in your life to help you with productivity? Be sure to respectfully leave you questions and comments below.
Tony Williams is a lifestyle philosopher, influencer, personal development and business educator. He is also a senior managing consultant for The Lease Collection, which provides Professional Property Management and Tenant Placement Services for multi-unit and residential properties in Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia. His passion for personal development inspired him to create the Instagram, @Life.Algorithms, which has amassed over 30K followers. Along with his Blog, these platforms are his way of inspiring, motivating, educating and connecting with thoughtful, creative, like-minded and ambitious people just like you.
Contact Info: Awilliams@LeaseCollection.com
#follow #lifealgorithm #love #success #working #grind #founder #startup #successful #inspiredaily #motivation #wisdom #motivational #lifestyle #happiness #entrepreneur #business #asktony #caretocomment